The Red Kilometer
If Brembo Corporation decided to build its research offices and workshop facility in Bergamo alongside the Milan-Venice expressway; it was because this prestigious Italian maker of brakes for luxury and competition automobiles and motorcycles wants to be seen! Brembo is also developing other commercial and hotel activities on the site.
A vibrant red line, one kilometer long and lying parallel to the highway, gives this commercial-industrial ensemble a strong identity. In addition to reflecting Brembo's industrial image, the gleaming red wall of grooved, lacquered aluminium acts as a sound barrier, permitting behind it the development of a park like typology of buildings with planted green spaces and wide views over the landscape. The kilometer-long red screen is built over a kilometer-long parking podium that is also... red.
- Status: Built
- Location: Parco Scientifico Tecnologico Kilometro Rosso Viale
Studies: 2001 - 2002
Building work: 2004 - 2007
- Client: BREMBO S.P.A
- Type of commission: "shell & core"
Research spaces, design, production and prototypes experimentation.
Offices directional and presidential
- Gross Floor Area: 28.000 m2
- Budget: 28 896 103 €
- Cost m2 usable area: 1 032 €
-Coordination and interior fitting-outs architect: BLAST Architetti
- Adviser at Jean Nouvel: Hubert Tonka
- Architectural creation department: David Fagart
- Project manager:
Sudies et Building work : Alessandro Carbone
Design scheme: Federico Masotto, Cristiano Benzoni
- Architects: Livia Tani, Cristina Ventura, Andrea Ciofi degli Atti, Raffaella Falbo, Andrew Todd, Gwenola de Quelen, Sergio Noero, Laurent Pereira, Anna Ugolini
- Landscape: Land (Milan)
- Computer graphics: ARTEFACTORY